Year-round, grant-funded* faculty assignment to provide leadership and assist in the coordination of the Engineering program. Expected start date July 1, 2018 (negotiable).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Dean, Applied Sciences and Technologies in overseeing the Engineering program.
- Takes a primary role in curriculum development for Engineering program courses.
- Takes a primary role in preparing for, and obtaining, ABET accreditation for the Engineering program.
- Assists in the development and submission of required reports for U.S. Department of Education compliance.
- In conjunction with the Dean, Applied Sciences and Technologies, recruits, evaluates, and mentors faculty teaching within the program.
- Collaborates with department chairs for scheduling, staffing, and textbook needs.
- Takes an active role in the guidance, recruitment, and counseling of students interested in the program.
- Researches best practices, effective instructional strategies, and current trends.
- Represents the program in academic committees when appropriate.
* The continuation of this position is contingent upon continued grant funding.
SFSC is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Educational: Master's degree or higher in a mechanical or electrical engineering program, or other directly related field, from a regionally accredited institution required.
Experiential: A minimum of one (1) year of hands-on experience in application of microcontrollers and programmable logic devices in electromechanical industrial/manufacturing processes required. Experience should include industrial machinery maintenance and repair. A minimum of three (3) years of post-secondary teaching preferred. Must be proficient in operation of various electrical test equipment and instrumentation used in electrical engineering laboratories. Experience with C, Matlab, Labview, SolidWorks, and PLC programming software strongly preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with active state Professional Engineering (PE), licensure, experience with ABET accreditation, online teaching experience, and teaching experience in a mechatronics classroom/laboratory.
Other: Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Some travel to college and industry sites as well as to local high schools required.
Instructional Supervisor: Dean, Applied Sciences and Technologies
Supervises: Assigned faculty and staff
Posting Date: May 1, 2018
Anticipated Starting Salary Range: With a Master's degree-$51,883-$56,970; Doctorate $57,882-$63,557.
Application Review Begins: June 3, 2018
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Human Resources Director
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please click the "Apply Now" button and complete the application process. Resumes are optional.
If you experience trouble with the application process, please click here to contact the help desk.
Returning Applicant Login.